* No crane required
* Faster erection
* Lesser manpower required
Cost of the Hydraulic Lifting Jacks can be recovered after constructing 3 to 4 storage tanks or by erecting about 1200 tons of tankage. Hydraulic Lifting Jack cost is around USD 50 per ton for 1200 tons. Example : Tank of 30 m diameter weighing about 300 tons needs 30 jacks of 12 ton each. Full cost of Hydraulic Lifting Jack is recovered in 4 such tanks.
|Working Capacity||(metric tons)||12||12||18||25|
|Standard arc distance between jacks (m)||1.80 to 3.0|
|Max plate height for which jacking equipments can be supplied (m)||2.5 or 3.0 or more|
|Min plate height that can be used (m)||1.00|
|Min safe bearing capacity below trestle base plate (N/mm2)||1.45|
|Plate thickness range (mm)||5 to 40||6 and above|
|Unitary climb (cm/stroke)||10|
|Time per stroke (minutes)||Approx 5|
|Working pressure (kg/cm2)||120||135|
* The Hydraulic Lifting Jack is supplied with singe jack lifting capacities of 8 tons, 12 tons, 25 tons.
* The standard Hydraulic Lifting Jack can be used for minimum shell plate width (height) of 1400 mm and maximum of 2500 mm.
For shell plates of more than 2500 width (height), Jacking Systems can be supplied against specific requirements. Storage tanks with different types of roof (floating roof, fixed roof, suspended deck roof, column supported roof) Gasholder tanks
Horton spheres or spherical tanks for storage of propane, ammonia in gaseous form Cryogenic tanks for storage of propane, ammonia at cryogenic temperatures
Smallest diameter of tank erected using Hydraulic Jacking Systems / Equipments : 6 mtrs*
Largest diameter of tank erected using Hydraulic Jacking Systems / Equipments : 92 mtrs*
Maximum weight of tank erected using Hydraulic Jacking Systems / Equipments : 1900 tons* (*) These are the minimum and maximum dimensions or parameters of some tanks that have actually been erected, however, these are not limiting figures.
* Building of field erected storage tanks.
* Increase in tank capacity by adding shell rings or courses.
* Repair or replacement of tank bottom plate.
*Repair to tank foundation.
* Erection of other circular structures such as reactor shields in nuclear power stations, etc.